You always hear about how having children change your life.
Well it's true.
I have 6 and because of them, my life is different.
Each one also comes with their own set of struggles...learning is hard for them. School isn't fun. They learn differently than the average kid. Homework is frustrating and letters often look switched or turned around. Some are in sports. Some of them are American. Some are Czech. Some are mix of a few different nationalities. Some are tall and some not so tall. Some of them are at the awkward phase in which they don't exactly know what to do with their growing arms and legs.
4 out of my 6 come from unbelieving families, yet they are here...learning what it means to walk with Christ.
4 out of my 6 have been in Discovery longer than I have...the result? I am most likely learning more from them, then they are learning from me. They see a side of me that no one else sees....a side of me that I do not willingly share because as the teacher, I am supposed to know more about said subject than they do....but I suppose I have to walk in humility somehow ;)
4 out of my 6 are boys. I mostly don't know what to do with boys....but we are making it and they are gracious.
5 out of my 6 are above the age 10...this is the first time I've actually taught anyone over the age of 10....God bless them.
In other news when somebody asks "What is it you do at CISP?" There are 2 parts to the answer...the first part is "I teach *Discovery*" and the second part includes the hand motions [!]
No comments:
Post a Comment